Education : Whites

Correlations

St. Louis Area

Race

Gender by Race

Income

Black Edu.

White Edu.

Step Children

St. Louis CITY

Crime

STDs

Data

Correlate Home

HOME

As for the whites, white females with less than a 9th grade education had a confidence interval of 99% and a positive correlation coefficient of 0.409041. I was very amazed at this because for all other correlations, whites had only had negative correlation coefficient values. White females with some college also had a confidence interval of 95% with a correlation coefficient of -0.319526. The only way that I can explain this is with my knowledge of the stereotype of the typical, white college female, “year-round spring-breaker” who tends to “get around a lot,” who is very promiscuous and “easy.”

I found it very peculiar that white males with less than a 9th grade education and those with a 9th – 12th grade education, correlation coefficients of 0.166453 and 0.081480 respectively, did not have a high correlation because I thought that in all cases with low education levels, the correlations would be greatest. This is because I thought that with little education, people are more apt to make poor, irrational decisions.