AIDS in the Circle City

Correlations

Helpful Links

Scatter Plots

Maps

References

Many of the correlations that I found were very interesting.  Some of the more interesting ones were the ones that I thought would correlate, but did not.  Before  I get into the specific correlations themselves, I should set up some guidelines.

I have a total of 38 zip codes; however I removed two of them from my correlation work because they each had a population of under 1000, one even had only 250 people, and they were ineffective to showing trends in the Marion County area.  With these two zip codes added in, most correlations still stood.  To calculate my correlation coefficient, I subtracted 2 from the total of 36 zip codes I have.  To get a p value of .05 with a df of 30 the correlation coefficient had to be a 0.349.  To get a p value of .05 with a df of 40, the coefficient has to be a 0.304.  because my number fell almost directly between the two, I averaged them for a correlation coefficient of 0.3265. 

Follow along with me as we walk through the correlations I did for Marion County.

Race Correlations

Unmarried Male Partner Household Correlations

Travel Time to Work

Modes of Transportation

Education Correlations

Financial Correlations

For reference, I have included a number of maps detailing the percentages of the populations that are referred to by the correlation work.  Each map is labeled and has its own legend.  The maps best pertaining to a given topic are linked to that page for easy acccess.

Home