Unmarried Couples

Unmarried Couples Living Together

Finally I studied the percent of Unmarried householders, Male householders with male partners, and male householders with female partners. I expected to find a significant positive correlation among the AIDS rate and the Male householders with male partners, however this coefficient was actually insignificant. Both the percent of unmarried householders and male householders with female had significant correlations, as demonstrated in their graphs. One explanation for these positive correlations may be the men being on the “down low” where they may actually be having sex with men yet their main partner is a woman. Additionally, both may be having relations with multiple partners and thus may in fact have infected their partner as a result. While I expected a positive correlation to exist with male householders with male partners, this insignificant coefficient may be a result of the proximity to gay bars and nightclubs. There is ultimately one gay bar/nightclub advertised in Montgomery County which is in Silver Spring, while the majority of the advertisements direct homosexuals to venues in either Baltimore or the district. Men of such a lifestyle are likely to have chosen to live nearer to those locations which may explain the insignificant correlation in Montgomery County. (Map Male Householders with Male Partners!)