1. “Cumulative AIDS Diagnoses, Jan 1, 1981 – Dec 31, 2005.” New York State Department of Health.
2. “N.Y.C. People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) at the end of December 2004: Borough and Zip Code of Residence.” New York State Department of Health.
3. “New York State HIV/AIDS Surveillance Semiannual Report For Cases Diagnosed through December 2005.” Bureau of HIV/AIDS Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health. April 2007.
4. US Census Bureau. www.census.gov. July 10, 2007.
5. Staples, Brent. “How Needle Exchange Programs Fight the AIDS Epidemic.” New York Times Oct 25, 2004. Sec. A Col. 1. pg 20.
6. Breen, Virginia. “Bronx Life Spans Among Shortest.” Daily News. Dec 5, 1997. pg 8.
7. Purdy, Matthew. “Our Towns; AIDS in Backyard, Heads in Sand.” New York Times. Dec 4, 2002. Sec. B Col 1. Pg 1.
8. Lombardi, Frank. “AIDS Unit Loses $1M In Funding.” Daily News. Nov 24, 1997. Pg 1.
9. Richardson, Clem. “Embodies HIV Hope.” Daily News. Oct 23, 2006. Pg 24.
1. The HIV AIDS Information Outreach Project. 2006. <www.aidsnyc.org>
2. Solomon L, Stein M, Flynn C, Schuman P, Schoenbaum E, Moore J, Holmberg S, Graham N M H. “Health Services Use by Urban Women with or at Risk for HIV-1 Infection: The HIV Epidemiology Research Study (HERS).” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes and Human Retrovirology. 17. (1998) 253-261
3. Cook, J A, Grey D D, Burke-Miller J K, Cohen M H, Vlahov D, Kapadia F, Wilson T E, Cook R, Schwartz R M, Golub E T, Anastos K, Ponath P, Goparaju L, Levine A M. “Illicit drug use, depression and their association with highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive women.” Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 89. (2007) 74-81
4. Cooperman, N and Simoni, J. “Suicidal Ideation and Attempted Suicide Among Women Living with HIV/AIDS.” Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 28. (April 2005) 149-156
5. Fitzgerald, T, Lundgren, L, Chassler, D. “Factors associated with HIV/AIDS high-risk behaviors among female injection drug users.” AIDS Care. 19:1. (January 2007) 67-74
6. Rosenfield B, Breitbart W, Gibson C, Kramer M, Tomarken A, Nelson C, Pessin H, Esch J, Galietta M, Garcia N, Brechtl J, Schuster M. “Desire for Hastened Death Among Patients with Advanced AIDS.” Psychosomatics. 47:6. (November-December 2006) 504-512
7. Kohli R, Lo Y, Howard A A, Buono D, Floris-Moore M, Klein R S, Schoenbaum E E. “Mortality in an Urban Cohort of HIV-Infected and At-Risk Drug Users in the Era of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy.” Clinical Infectious Diseases. 41. (15 September 2005) 864-872
8. Fuller C M, Galea S, Caceres W, Blaney S, Sisco S, Vlahov D. “Multilevel Community-Based Intervention to Increase Access to Sterile Syringes Among Injection Drug Users Through Pharmacy Sales in New York City.” American Journal of Public Health. 97:1. (January 2007) 117-124
9. Cleland C M, Deren S, Fuller C M, Blaney S, McMahon J M, Tortu S, Des Jarlais D C, Vlahov D. “Syringe Disposal Among Injection Drug Users in Harlem and the Bronx During the New York State Expanded Syringe Acces Demonstration Program.” Health Education & Behavior. 34:2. (April 2007) 390-403
10. Jemmott III J B, Jemmott L S, Braverman P K, Fong G T. “HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for African American and Latino Adolescent Girls at an Adolescent Medicine Clinic.” Arch Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 159. (May 2005) 440-449
11. University of the State of New York State Education Department. 2007. <http://www.emsc.nysed.gov/sss/health_ed/>
12. Ohio University Health Education and Awareness.2007. <http://www.ohio.edu/healthwell/condoms.cfm>
13. The Case Management Services Programs at Argus Community. 2007. <http://www.arguscommunity.org/access.html>