Home   First Encounters   High School Education   Statistics   Media Coverage

Despite the lack of education given to me within my schooling on this deadly disease, I had formed the opinion that due to all of the promiscuity within the school that sexually transmitted diseases were spreading rapidly throughout William Allen High School. This amount of promiscuity led me to believe that approximately 2,000 cases of AIDS had occurred throughout the Lehigh County from 1980 to 2005. In respect to the population of Lehigh County, which is 312,090, I believed that this number was relatively high. Although I believed sexually transmitted disease were being spread based on my own experience with promiscuity in my high school, I have personally never an individual with AIDS. Therefore, I believed that the epidemic was in the Lehigh County, but not as prevalent as other sexually transmitted diseases. Also based on my health education, I believed that the real issue in sexual contact was pregnancy a sexually transmitted such as syphilis, gonorrhea, hepatitis, and chlamydia. I simply did not realize that AIDS was affecting 258.79 per 100,000 in Pennsylvania and 339.71 per 100,000 in the United States as according to the Department of Health in Pennsylvania.

www.google/images.com